Roasted broccoli with soy sauce. It’s a simple, quick, easy, cheap side dish. And kids as well as adults are demanding seconds. Yes, seconds. Of broccoli. Believe it.
This roasted broccoli with soy sauce is so darn delicious, we literally couldn’t stop eating it. That’s right. Could. Not. Stop. Eating. Broccoli. It’s roasted with ginger and garlic and finished with soy sauce and butter. We bet that you won’t be able to stop eating it, either.–Angie Zoobkoff
How to Swap Other Vegetables in This Recipe
This roasted broccoli with soy sauce recipe can easily be made with any of many different vegetables. So if you’ve got an aversion to broccoli, or an abundance of another vegetable on hand, we have excellent news for you. Cauliflower, kohlrabi, turnip, and summer squash are all excellent substitutions here. Simply follow the recipe, adding an additional 5 minutes of roasting time for denser vegetables such as kohlrabi or turnip.
Roasted Broccoli With Soy Sauce Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 40 M
- Serves 6 to 8
- 8 cups broccoli florets (24 ounces/625 grams), cut into 1 1/2-inch (4-cm) chunks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (30 ml)
- 4 garlic cloves (15 grams), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (15 grams)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 ounces/57 grams), cut in thin slices
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari (45 ml)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- 2. On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the broccoli florets in a single layer and sprinkle with the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir everything around to coat the broccoli evenly. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, stir the broccoli, and scatter the butter slices evenly on the broccoli. Drizzle the soy sauce evenly over the broccoli and butter and roast until lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer. Stir everything around to make sure there’s some butter and soy sauce coating every bite. Devour immediately.