This “lasagna” [EDITOR’S NOTE: Um, we typed that word while winking and coughing politely] is both shameless and savvy. Rather than layer lasagna noodles and a made-from-scratch sauce with a ricotta mixture, it cheats—brilliantly—by relying on ravioli, store-bought sauce, and cheese. Did we mention brilliantly?
Bear with us while we gush a little more. The perforated ravioli sheets make it a cinch to cram the lasagna into any size dish. So while the tactic works quite well in the diva of baking dishes, the 9-by-13-inch, it’s also eminently easy to do in several wee-size baking dishes–perfect for when you want to ensure everyone at the table has his or her own personal lasagna that didn’t touch anyone else’s. The recipe also makes it easy to customize flavors, mixing and matching ravioli flavors with various sauces. Or not. It’s all up to you. Our only caveat? With so few ingredients, what you taste is going to depend squarely on the quality of said items. But then, you already knew that.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC To Heck With Measuring Note
Look, you can’t really mess this recipe up. It’s hardly even a recipe. It’s more a strategy. Which means that while the amounts below work really well, they aren’t by papal decree. So if you’re off a few ounces here or there, not to worry. It can also be scaled up or down. If all you have is a couple paltry ravioli leftover and 1/16th of a jar of store-bought sauce, that’ll do. Conversely, if you need to nourish a large crowd, this recipe can do that, too, when you simply double the amounts and pull out your 9 by 13 inch baking dish. See? It all just sort of works out. It also works really quite well as a pretty effortless, gotta-take-something-with-me-to-work sorta lunch situation.
Personal Pan Lasagna Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 45 M
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Olive oil for the baking dish
- One 26- to 32-ounce jar fresh pasta sauce
- One 15- to 18-ounce box frozen ravioli (any kind)
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded cheese, such as mozzarella
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Oil a 9-by-5-inch baking dish, two 4-by-6 baking dishes or six 2-by-3 dishes or ramekins of some sort.
- 2. Assemble your lasagna in layers, starting with 1/3 of the sauce, then 1/2 the ravioli, followed by 1/2 the cheese. Spoon 1/2 of the remaining sauce over the cheese, then layer the remaining ravioli on top. Dump the remaining sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until warmed through and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let stand about 5 minutes or so before serving.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!