These grilled cheese croutons are very easy to make if you have an electric panini grill, but of course you can always make them the traditional way in a skillet.–Ina Garten
LC As Easy as One, Two, Three Note
Step one: Make a childhood favorite. Step two: Cut it into squares. Step three: Dunk, drop, or plop them into a bowl of easy tomato soup. Ina Garten demonstrates how in the following video.
Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Serves 4 to 6
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices country white bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1. Heat a panini grill or place a skillet over medium heat. Place the bread on a cutting board and lightly brush each with the melted butter, being sure to butter the corners. Turn the slices over and pile Gruyère on 2 of the slices. Place the remaining 2 slices of bread on top of the Gruyère, buttered sides up.
- 2. Grill the sandwiches on the panini grill or in the pan for about 5 minutes total, flipping once if using a skillet, until nicely browned. Place on the cutting board, allow to rest for 1 minute, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Dunk into soup, being mindful that if you don’t care for soggy grilled cheese, you’re going to want to add just a couple croutons at a time to your bowlful of steaming tomato goodness.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe © 2012 Ina Garten. Photo © 2012 Quentin Bacon. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!