Easy tortellini soup is a quick and simple weeknight recipe made with store-bought tortellini, spinach, peas, and chicken broth. Super simple and perfect for the entire family.
This easy tortellini soup is a cozy dinner for two. Inspired by the classic Italian dish, tortellini en brodo, it transforms store-bought cheese tortellini, spinach, peas, and chicken broth into something worth getting excited about. Don’t forget plenty of Parmesan dumped on at the end. And just 15 minutes later, it’s on the table, making it pretty much the fastest comfort food we’ve ever tossed together.–Angie Zoobkoff
Easy Tortellini Soup
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 15 M
- Serves 2
- 4 cups low-sodium canned chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
- 8 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1. In a medium pot over high heat, bring the broth to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructs.
- 2. Stir the peas and spinach into the broth and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano and lemon wedges.