These easy roasted carrots boast four ingredients–carrots, butter, salt, and pepper–and one simple and perfect technique for roasting them to magnificence, bringing out their earthy sweetness.
Roasted carrots. Sounds so simple, doesn’t it? Like you’d not even need a recipe? Not so. We’ve tried countless roasted carrot recipes in the last decade or so, and all of them left us with sadly unevenly cooked carrots that everyone just pushed around on their plates. Until this recipe. Simple perfection.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Easy Roasted Carrots
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 55 M
- Serves 2 to 4
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Cut each carrot in half crosswise and then cut each half lengthwise in halves or quarters as needed to create uniformly sized pieces. Toss the carrots in a large bowl along with the melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss to coat.
- 3. Dump the carrots on the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Cover the baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to roast, stirring twice, until the carrots are well browned and tender, about 30 minutes more.
- 4. Transfer to a serving dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or at room temperature.