Mac and cheese doesn’t get any easier than this 3 ingredient macaroni and cheese. The 3 ingredients? Elbow macaroni, heavy cream, and Cheddar cheese. Oh, and it takes just 20 minutes. “Kids! Dinner!”
The kids are clamoring for dinner and the only thing anyone wants is a big bowl of comfortingly cheesy pasta. Yet you swore you were never making the stuff out of a box again. Let us help. Just 3 ingredients and 20 minutes later, everyone can be happily noshing on an incredibly respectable mac and cheese. Best yet, you didn’t have to break your promise to anyone.–Angie Zoobkoff
3 Ingredient Macaroni and Cheese
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 20 M
- Serves 3 to 4
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, fusilli or other short pasta
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water set over high heat to a boil. Stir in macaroni and cook until al dente, about 1 minute less than package directions or al dente. Dump the macaroni into a colander to drain.
- 2. While the macaroni drains, set the pot over low heat. Add the cream and then the cheese. Stir, increasing the heat slightly as you need to in order to speed things along, until the cheese melts into a sauce, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir enthusiastically until the sauce thickens and clings to each noodle, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.