Cheese goes well with herbs and spices. Here are several variations of a basic cheese truffle, bite-size treats your guests will love.–Sara Engram and Katie Luber
LC The Perfect Party Snack
These cheese truffles are in the running for the title of perfect party snack. They’re made with ingredients that you probably already have at home, they take hardly any time to assemble, they can be made in a variety of colors and, best of all, you can eat them off a stick. Spearing one of these bite-sized treats with a toothpick could be almost as satisfying as eating it. Almost.
Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Makes 18 (1-inch) truffles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely minced white or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground mild chile pepper
- 1. Cream together the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, onion, Worcestershire, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Roll the cheese into 1-inch-round truffles. Roll each truffle in the chile pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Substitute the following cheeses (for the cheddar) and spice (for the chile pepper) to create tasty Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffle variations:
1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese and 5 teaspoons dill weed
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese and 5 teaspoons oregano
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese and 5 teaspoons dried orange zest
1/4 cup crumbled chèvre cheese and 5 teaspoons basil
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!